Blizzard AutoBahn 8 DMX to ArtNet Rackmount Interface
With usage of multiple LED fixtures and video mapping, many occasions require thousands of DMX channels. It’s important to have fast DMX response and proper network load management, and the AutoBahn 8 will do just that. It not only provides instant response, but also a lower network load. The AutoBahn 8 will allow you to increase the number of DMX universes and easily place DMX universes remotely on any TCP/IP Ethernet network. It can also be used as a DMX merger, DMX splitter, or backup device.
The AutoBahn 8 features 1x RJ45 Neutrik EtherCON 10/100M Ethernet LAN port with auto MDI/MDI-X (universal cable recognition), which eliminates the need of separate MDI and MDI-X ports, selector switches, or special crossover cables. It also has 2 DMX inputs which can be set as "input" or "disabled" status. You can assign the each input to a specific "Universe" within the range of 0.0 - F.F. When the DMX port is set as "input", the port mode can be set as "normal" or "backup".
In normal mode, the device will send data received from the DMX IN port to the network universe regardless of other data being received. And in backup mode, the device will NOT automatically send any data from this port. This input port will only transmit data to the network universe when the network universe is receiving no other active data input.
All (8) of the photoelectrically isolated DMX outputs can be set to one of the following (4) modes:
- Zero = The port sends a DMX test signal only with all channels at 0%.
- Single = The port sends the DMX values of the selected universe.
- LTP = (Latest Takes Precedence) Port will output the latest channel activity between 2 selected universes. It compares the principal and secondary universes and sends the latest one to the network.
- HTP = (Highest Takes Precedence) Like Single, but will merge two DMX universes (principal and secondary). It will compare and output the one with higher value to the network. And like Single and LTP, the universes can be set within the range of 0.0-F.F. There are 5 different quick setup user presets + factory setting restore built into the AutoBahn 8 that will help you to use the device easily and avoid reconfiguring setup procedures when switching modes. With just a few clicks on the 4-button LCD menu you can set the device up in "2 In 1 Backup Mode", "2 In 1 HTP Mode", "2 In 1 LTP Mode", "DMX Splitter 1-4 Mode", or "Isolated Mode".
So what is the big deal with ArtNet? Well ArtNet supports up to 256 universes over one piece of CAT-5 cable compared to one universe over a DMX cable.
- ArtNet/DMX bilateral signal conversion
- 1x RJ45 Neutrik EtherCON Ethernet LAN port, 10/100M, supports TCP/IP protocol
- 2x DMX inputs and 8x DMX outputs, each photoelectrically isolated
- Auto MDI/MDI-X ethernet connector
- Supports standard DMX-512 and ArtNet protocol
- DMX input/outputs can be set to enabled or disabled
- Each DMX output can be set to single, zero, HTP, or LTP mode
- Each DMX input can be set to normal or backup mode
- DMX splitter/merger functionality
- Manual IP address settings
- LCD display indicates each DMX input/output status
- Ethernet LED status indicator
- Quick and easy to set user presets
- Length: 19" (482 mm)
- Height: 1.75" (44 mm)
- Depth: 6.1" (155 mm)
- Weight: 5.1 lbs (2.3 kg)
- Warranty: 2-year limited warranty