Doug Fleenor DMX512 iPlayer 2 Interface
The DMX512 iPlayer interface receives a DMX512 input signal and outputs RS-232 commands to the iPlayer. The interface uses three consecutive DMX512 channels: trigger mode, show selection, and global intensity.
The interface is compatible with iPlayer 2, iPlayer 3, and Light System Manager which are products (and registered trademarks) of Color Kinetics Incorporated.
- Input baud rate: 250 Kb/s
- Input circuit: ESD protected EIA-485 transceiver (LT1785)
- Input signal: 3 volts minimum, 12 volts maximum
- Input connectors:
- Gold plated 5 pin Neutrik D-1.
- Pin 1 = common, Pin 2 = Data-, Pin 3 = Data+.
- Through connector: Gold plated female 5 pin XLR (Neutrik D-1 series). All pins wired through.
- DMX profile:
- 3 consecutive channels (trigger mode, show selection, global intensity)
- 5 consecutive channels (trigger mode, hundreds, ten, ones, global intensity)
- Output baud rate: 9600 bps, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit
- Output circuit:
- RS-232 driver (MAX232)
- Outputs are short circuit protected but not over voltage protected.
- Output signal: RS-232 driver yields an approximate +/- 10 volt signal
- Output connector: DB9 (male) Pin 2 = Receive, Pin 3 = Transmit, Pin 5 = signal ground. (straight DB9 Male to Female, cable provided)
- User interface: Start address set via a three digit thumbwheel switch
- Indicators: Red power LED, Green DMX signal LED, Green RS-232 transmit LED
- Power input: Universal power supply 100 - 240VAC, 50/60 hertz, 5 watts
- Color: Black anodized
- Size and weight:
- Chassis 5.3" X 3.2"w X 1.8"h, 12 ounces
- Power supply 2.2"l X 1.9"w X 1.0"h, 5 ounces