Doug Fleenor DMX Hub Isolated 8 Port RDM Splitter
The DMX Hub offers isolation and signal buffering for bidirectional communication on a single pair of wires using pins 2 and 3 of a traditional DMX512 data link. The hub differs from an opto-splitter in that any of the eight ports can receive data, with the seven remaining ports re-transmitting that data.
Each of the eight ports offers fully bidirectional optical isolation and transient protection to 15,000 volts.
The DMX Hub is protocol independent, supporting ESTA's RDM protocol and other protocols including those from High End Systems and Martin Professional.
Other features include a universal power supply, full bidirectional optical isolation, gold plated connectors (Neutrik), and a rugged tabletop, truss, or rack mountable enclosure.
NOTE: This product uses a slew-rate-limited output drivers. Slew-rate-limited drivers minimize EMI and reduce reflections caused by improperly terminated cables.
- Port circuit: EIA-485 transceiver with 120 ohm fail safe termination between +Data and -Data (Slew-rate-limited drivers minimize EMI and reduce reflections caused by improperly terminated cables)
- Input signal: 0.2 volts minimum, 12 volts maximum
- Output signal: 1.5 volts (minimum) into 120 Ohm Termination
- Connectors: Gold plated 5 pin XLR (typically one male, seven female)
- Port protection: ±60V continuous, ±15KV transient
- Isolation: 600 volts
- Power input: 100 to 240 VAC 50/60 Hz, ½ Amp
- Front, Back: Black
- Top, Bottom, Sides: Silver Hammertone
- Size (D x H x W): 6.5 x 1.7 x 16.5"
- Weight: 4.5 lbs