Altman Focusing Cyc
The award-winning Focusing Cyc is a lightweight, compact luminaire designed to provide an even wash of light on cycloramas and backdrops. This lighting instrument can also be used as a multi-purpose flood/fill light for stage and studio lighting applications. Each compartment has a state-of-the-art, highly polished and peened reflector that pivots about the lamp for precision focusing. A heat-resistant knob with indexed position markings is located on the rear of the housing for adjusting and locking the reflector into position, and adjustable lampholders allow the luminaire to accept T-3 to T-8 lamps of three different lengths: 411/16" (119 mm), 55/8" (143 mm), and 69/16" (167 mm).
The housing features a pair of rugged tool-free spring latches which allow multiple units to be safely locked together in a number of ways. The convenient, fold-down carry handle also doubles as a loop for a safety cable, and the heat-resistant non-skid feet are height-adjustable, eliminating the need for floor trunnions for most ground-row applications. A wide selection of yokes and other hanging hardware is also available to accommodate virtually all overhead mounting configurations. The super-thin safety screen is specially designed to allow maximum light output, and is readily removable for easy access to the lamp for quick, effortless installation and replacement.
- Rugged die-cast and sheet-aluminum construction
- Broad, even light distribution
- Pivoting reflector allowing a multitude of focus angles
- Lockable, indexed reflector adjustment knob
- Highly polished and peened reflector with exclusive heat sink to improve longevity
- Asymmetrical distribution for even cyclorama washes
- Adjustable lampholders accepting T-3 to T-8 lamps of 411/16", 55/8", and 69/16"
- Strong spring latches allowing tool-free interconnection for multiple units in a variety of configurations
- Multiple mounting and hanging configurations
- Three non-skid feet, height-adjustable to allow for use on non- level surfaces
- Strong, extra fine safety screen provided
- Rear- mounted fold-down carry handle doubling as an attachment loop for safety cabling
- Three 36" Hi-Temp lead wires
- Up to 25' of Hi-Temp rubber cable optional
- Accepting stripped glass color frames with optional holder
- U.L.-, c.U.L.- and CE-listed for 1500 watts
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Included Accessories:
- Hinged Color Frame 11 1/2" x 10 1/4" (FC-CF)
- Black Safety Cable
- Adjustable Non-Skid Feet (38-0149)
- Tool-Free Spring Latch to Interconnect Units (Male and Female) (35-20102x162x01)