Doug Fleenor DMX Terminator - 3 Pin Connector
The DMX Terminator plugs into the XLR feed-through connector of the final DMX512 device on a control cable. It improves signal reliability by preventing reflections and reducing ringing. A "happy" LED indicates a strong signal. Three Tranzorb transient-absorbing diodes suppress spikes caused by electrical storms. Radio frequency interference (RFI) is bypassed to chassis by the .001uF capacitance of the Tranzorb diode. Read "Why Terminate" to learn why terminating DMX512 lines is so important.
- Connector: 3 pin, gold plated contacts
- Indicator: Low current red light emitting diode (LED) illuminates on signal strength of 2 volts or greater.
- Indicator circuit:
- 2K series resistor limits the LED's effect on termination performance.
- 1N4004 diode across LED protects against reverse voltage.
- Termination resistance: 120 ohms +/- 10% between pins 2 & 3
- Termination power capacity: 2 watts
- Transient absorbing capacity: 500 watts
- Transient clamp time: Less than 5nS (0.000000005 seconds)
- Transient clamp voltage: Approximately 7 volts
- Transient absorber locations:
- Pins 2 and 3 clamped to pin 1.
- Pin 1 clamped to shell.
- Between pins 1 & 2: .001 uF
- Between pins 1 & 3: .001 uF
- Between pin 1 and shell: .001 uF
- Size and weight: 1.9" long, 0.8" maximum diameter, 1 ounce