Rosco Ultimatte Paint - 5722 - Super Blue 5 Gallon
Rosco Ultimatte Super Blue is a darker, purer blue than Ultimatte Blue. It is designed primarily for use in shooting film for Ultimatte compositing. It permits sufficient separation in the blue and green channels without having to saturate the blue layer of the negative. The result can be less noise in the telecine transfer. In addition, it can be used to reduce glare on horizontal surfaces that might interfere with a clean matte.
Rosco Ultimatte Paints have been specifically formulated to provide the correct luminance and RGB Values for optimum operation with the Ultimatte compositing system. The color specifications were designed in conjunction with the Ultimatte Corporation and have their official approval.
Rosco Ultimatte Paints are recommended for interior and exterior surfaces including fabrics, wallboard, plastics, plaster, brick, and concrete.
Ultimatte Paints have been designed for use with the Ultimatte System. However they can be used with Chroma Key systems as well. They provide optimal luminance and color separation when shot on either film or video.
- Finish: Matte
- Solvent: Water.
- Binder Type: Vinyl Acrylic.
- Dilution: Use straight out of the can. If necessary, dilute with water. Diluting Ultimatte paint may make coverage less even.
- Surface Preparation: Surfaces should be clean, dry and free from dirt and grease. Prime porous surfaces, except fabrics, using Rosco Tough Prime. If painting a new plaster surface, prime wall with a commercial primer/sealer designed for raw plaster. Then use Rosco Tough prime as a final preparation.
- Application: Stir contents before use. Do not shake. Apply by brush, roller, or spray gun. Apply in thin, even, uniform coats, using a good quality brush or roller. Use overlapping strokes, keeping a wet edge. Change roller direction often to avoid patterns and streaking.
- Film Thickness: 2 mil. Dry Film.
- Coverage: Appx 300 sq. ft. per gallon.
- AVG. Dry Time: AT 75°F (24°C) Dries to the touch in 30 minutes. Can be re-coated in 1-2 hours.
- Clean-up: Soap and water