Rosco Iddings Deep Color Paint - 5556 - Burnt Sienna Quart
This concentrated casein scene paint is formulated using only the highest quality artists' pigments available. The range consists of 24 brilliant, non-muddying colors, with an infinite range of intermediate hues possible through mixing. Iddings Deep Colors dries to a super flat, non-reflective finish which can be easily touched up. It is perfect for backdrops and other porous surfaces and can be easily diluted with water to reduce costs without loosing color vibrancy.
A casein binder is not water resistant, allowing Iddings Deep Colors to be washed off non-porous surfaces. This makes it ideally suited for film and television sets. When used on non-porous or hard to paint surfaces, Rosco Clear Acrylic can be added to improve adhesion and durability and to increase its water resistance.
Iddings Deep Colors is intended for interior use only.
Available in 24 artists' colors that are easily intermixed or combined with other Rosco paints.
- Finish: Matte
- Solvent: Water
- Binder Type: Casein (organic soy protein)
- Dilution: Dilute with water, Rosco Clear Acrylic Glaze or a combination of the two as necessary. Diluting will reduce the color concentration and creates "glaze" effects. Diluting with more than 2 parts water may reduce binder strength. Add in Rosco Clear Acrylic Glaze to restore adhesion and flexibility.
- Surface Preparation: Surfaces should be clean, dry and free from dirt and grease. Prime porous surfaces, except fabrics, using Rosco Tough Prime. If painting a new plaster surface, prime wall with a commercial primer/sealer designed for raw plaster. Then use Rosco Tough prime as a final preparation.
- Application: Stir contents before use. Do not shake. Apply by brush, roller, or spray gun. Apply in thin uniform coats, using a good quality brush or roller. Use overlapping strokes, keeping a wet edge. Change roller direction often to avoid patterns and streaking.
- Film Thickness: 2:1 Dilution = 1.5 mil. Dry Film
- Coverage: Approx. 300 sq. ft. per gallon at 2:1 dilution
- Avg. Dry Time: At 75°F (24°C). Dries to the touch in 30 minutes. Can be recoated in 1-2 hours.
- Clean-Up: Soap and water.