Flamex WD - Raw Wood 5 Gallon
Use Roscoflamex WD to treat wood and cellulosic materials. Plywood, board stock, sheet goods, hay, acoustical tile and other common materials can all be rendered flame retardant with Roscoflamex WD. After the Roscoflamex WD treatment has dried fully, wood materials can be painted or stained without affecting the flame retardance.
Using Roscoflamex WD
- Roscoflamex WD has been premixed and does not require any further dilution. The method of application and the amount of Roscoflamex WD required for sufficient treatment varies with the materials in use.
- One gallon of Roscoflamex WD will treat approximately 150-200 square feet (14-18.5 square meters) of material.
Applying Roscoflamex WD
- Dipping: This is the most efficient method of impregnation. Immerse completely for ten minutes, and hang to dry.
- Brushing: Using a wide lay-in brush, brush the Flamex solution into the fibers of the material being treated. Brush in the solution using a criss-crossing pattern to insure adequate absorption. Saturate the material, allow to absorb and then reapply a second treatment.
- Spraying: In a spray application, it is very important that an adequate amount of the Flamex be absorbed. In calculating the amount of solution needed, remember that a substantial portion of the spray will not fall on the material. Use a Hudson-type sprayer with a medium nozzle setting. Saturate the material, allow to absorb and then reapply a second treatment.
- The absorption rate of the wood or cellulosic materials being used may dramatically affect proper flame retardance. Make sure you test for effective flame retardance.
Certification and Testing
- Roscoflamex WD has been approved for use by the California and New York City Fire Marshall and has been tested according to ASTM E84 Class B.
- Store Flamex products in non-metallic containers. When metal sprayers are used, they should be thoroughly cleaned immediately after use, including nozzles and accessories. Avoid use of metal buckets or paint containers when possible.
- Read carefully the instructions supplied with any Flamex product. Rosco offers these products in good faith, but without guarantee of any type, since materials treated and methods of application are beyond the control of the manufacturer. You should determine suitability of the Flamex product for the intended use and always test before using.
- Roscoflamex WD compares to original W40. Do not intermix old and new Flamex products. Use to treat:
- Pine boards
- Hay bales