5/16in. Double Saddle Grip Forged Wire Rope Clip - Galvanized
Double Saddle clips are galvanized to resist corrosion. Their design allows for quick installation and disassembly. They cannot be installed incorrectly, and cause less damage to wire rope. Fewer clips are required per splice compared to U-Bolt clips.
Meets the performance requirements of Federal Specification FF-C-450 Type III, Class 1.
- Drop-forged steel saddles.
- Hot-dipped galvanized.
- Intended for use with right regular lay wire rope.
- Min. No. of Clips per Eye: 2
- Amount of Rope to Turn Back: 4”
- Required Torque Ft. Lbs.: 30
- Not for overhead lifting.
- Match the same size clip to the same size wire rope.
- Do not use on plastic-coated wire rope.
- The efficiency rating of a properly prepared termination for clips sizes 3/16" through 7/8" is 80% when torqued to the required ft. lbs. For 1" through 1-1/2" 90% when torqued to the required ft. lbs. This rating is based on the breaking strength of the wire rope or cable.
- Apply first load to test the assembly. This load should be of equal or greater weight than loads expected while in use. Then check and re-tighten nuts to recommended torque.