Rosco Custom Steel Gobo -Customer's Artwork
Any Size, Any Fixture
When you order a custom steel gobo from Rosco, we recognize that your design and your situation are both completely unique; this includes the fixture you’re using to project it. Whether you need a tiny gobo for a moving light or an A-size gobo for the latest LED gobo projector, we can make your gobo in any size you need to fit into any fixture, many times at no extra expense to you.
Precise Imaging for Clean Line Detail
Rosco has revolutionized gobo etching, yielding a durable (8 mil) gobo with exceptional image quality. When it comes to gobos, tiny imperfections on the surface turn into large issues when they’re projected. Their precise vertical cuts produce a cleaner projection with less “feathering” of the image than other etching techniques and allow for the smallest line point size, which gives them greater capability to customize very small metal gobos.
Producing their steel gobos on 8 mil steel offers robust durability under the most rigorous lighting conditions. Rosco uses quality steel and meticulous quality control practices for cleaning the metal before and after production, ensuring an extremely precise etch. Their gobo manufacturing techniques allow them to capture a clear projection for even the finest detailed gobo.
- Substrate: Stainless Steel
- Gobo Thickness: 5mil
- Size Range: 10mm round - 28cm x 28cm square (additional charges may apply for extra-large sizes)
Guidelines For Your Custom Gobo Order:
- The Fixtures - The fixture you use will determine the size of the gobo you need. Rosco can manufacture glass or metal gobos to fit virtually any automated or stationary light. To be sure you get a gobo that fits your fixture, it's best to let us know when you place your order, the manufacturer and model number of the lighting instrument in which the gobo(s) will be used.
- Logistical Details - How many gobos do you need? (Do you want an extra for backup?). When do you need the gobos (more specifically, when is the "drop-dead" date since invariably custom gobos are rush jobs!) What is the Ship To address and what shipping method should we use?
- Email Gobo Art to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Best Choice for line-art and text (vector art): Adobe Illustrator (.ai)
- EPS Files (.eps)
- Formats listed below the photographic images sections
- Best Choice for photographic images (rasterized art): Adobe Photoshop (.psd, .eps)
- TIFF Files (.tif)
- TIFFs should be Photoshop created, layered file and unlocked.
- JPG (.jpg) - If you will be submitting jpg files, make sure to submit a file that is 2x the size of the finished gobo.
Please do not send:
- CAD Files
- .GIF Formatted Files
- Word Documents (.doc)
- Notes on PDF Documents (.pdf)
PDF files are usually created from good art files such as above but have been converted from the original file to pdf so that a client or customer can open it. If you have an art file you can't open due to format, send us this file first. We are happy to then convert it for you to an easier format for you to see the art as well. This helps us to get the best art possible and to keep it from being down graded to lesser art quality.
Image Size and Resolution Guidelines:
If you are working in Adobe Illustrator, this section is irrelevant to you.
Custom Steel Gobos should have a resolution of 150 dpi or higher, and at least 381 px by 381 px. We recommend the files be 700px by 700px or larger.
Email Gobo Art to email@example.com
Ratings & Reviews
by Joamna Ramirez -
by Erin Folker -
Turned out perfect!
No problems with upload or file. Happy with the experience.
by Jess Setzler -
Fast, with no problems.
Always great service and great products.
by Adam Kemp -
Great product and great service.
very quick and easy to order
by Kevin -
the custom halloween gobo turned out great
Great company to work with.
by MATTHEW ZIELINSKI -
Great gobo cut
Easy breezy. Thanks!
by LXD -
Gobo was great, and arrived promptly, however communication from the company was lacking. I never received confirmation that my art was received, processed and shipped - even after calling and emailing to request confirmation
by Nic Broussard -
also hugely appreciate customer service for fixing and issue we had.
by Strobe Lighting and Sound -
Our go-to Gobo maker :)
by I bhakta -
Got it quick and looks great.
by Firoz Dudha -
Quick turn around and fast Delivery.
by Erin Folker -