Rosco DMG MINI Lamp Head 100 Watts (inc Flat Dome diffusion)
Rosco's DMG MINI, powered by Rosco’s patented MIX® technology, is a slim-profile, ultra-bright soft light that provides superior LED color mixing for filmmakers to create soft illumination wherever it’s needed on set. The ultra-thin, lightweight fixture features a powerful array of emitters that can produce virtually any color desired, as well as full-spectrum white light.
Note: This fixture requires a driver and power supply to operate – sold separately.
Rosco’s patented MIX technology features six LEDs: Red + Lime + Green + Blue + Amber + White. This proprietary blend of emitters enables DMG MINI fixtures to produce a wider gamut of colors than comparable RGBW/RGBA fixtures. The red, lime, and amber LEDs have also been phosphor-converted. This process not only fills in the spectral gaps found in other color mixing lights, it also optimizes the fixture’s output to better match the sensors of digital cameras.
Enhanced Skin Tones:
Rosco’s MIX technology enables DMG fixtures to generate a full-spectrum white light with a 1700K – 10,000K color temperature range. When lighting talent with a DMG MINI, filmmakers will notice enhanced skin tone reflectance because the unique, phosphor-converted MIX® LEDs produce more of the wavelengths found in all human skin tones.
True Rosco Color™:
The wider color gamut created by Rosco’s MIX technology also enables the DMG MINI to create over 130 True Rosco Color™ gel matches. These colors have been verified – by eye, by meter, and by camera – to match traditional tungsten and daylight sources with Rosco gels on them.
Multiple Control Options:
Set lighting technicians know that speed is of the essence when the cameras are rolling. There are no complicated menus on the DMG MINI. Simply choose between five different modes: White Mode, Color Mode, Gel Mode, Effects Mode and Source Match Mode – then adjust the settings of the light as needed. All of these features are available using the fixture’s Driver accessory (sold separately) or via the free myMIX app from a mobile device. The DMG MINI is also RDM compatible and can be controlled via wired DMX, wireless DMX using CRMX from LumenRadio, and ArtNet.
What’s In The Box:
- DMG MINI fixture
- Standard, Flat Diffuser Panel
- DMG MINI Single Yoke
- Note: Power Supply and Driver accessories are required and sold separately.
- Lux @ 1 meter (3.3 ft.): 2100 @ 3200K / 2260 @ 5600K
- Lux @ 3 meter (10 ft.): 250 @ 3200 / 266 @ 5600
- Input Voltage: Via A/C Power Supply (sold separately) 100-240 VAC
- Input Voltage: Via Battery Adapter (sold separately) 12-35 VDC
- Maximum Power: 100W
- LED Colors: Red*, Green, Blue, Lime*, Amber*, White (4000K) * Denotes phosphor-converted LEDs that are unique to Rosco.
- Light Modes: WHITE / GEL (with True Rosco Color Gel Matches) / COLOR – HSI & XY (With Rec 709 & Rec 2020 overlays) / EFFECTS / SOURCE MATCH
- Color Temperature Range: 1700K – 10,000K
- Flicker-Free: Up to 4,000 FPS
Control Protocols: Via CT Driver (sold separately):
- Via Bluetooth using the myMIX app
- RDM enabled DMX 512 via 5-pin XLR
- Wireless via LumenRadio CRMX Timo FX transceiver
- ArtNet via LAN (RJ45) and WiFi (2.4 & 5.8GHz)
- Dimensions: 23.8″ x 8″ x 1.4″ (58.5cm x 20.5cm x 3.7cm)
- Weight: 5.6 lbs (2.56 kg)
- Body Material: Aluminum
- Circuit Board Material: Aluminum
DMG MINI Datasheet
DMG Controller User Manual.pdf
DMG DMX Profiles.pdf
DMG MINI & DMG SL1 CE Declaration.pdf
DMG SL1 & MINI User Manual.pdf
Case Study: How To Create Custom Skin Tone Lighting The myMIX App & DMG Lights by Joel Svendsven